For most of our games we utilized our own intellectual property: Karvonite, EC Connector, Gabutok and a set of specific game editors like adventure, shooting and plattform.
EC Connector is a high-performance multiplayer server developed by MP, targeted to handle tens of thousands of concurrent connections. It has a very reliable set of characteristics that let us develop multiplayer games with excellent functionality and performance.
Main features of EC Connector:
- Load balancing with fault tolerance: server load can be split into multiple server instances to increase processing capacity and service availability. Server instances can be geographically distributed to choose the instance closer to user and to minimize response times.
- No single point of failure: there isn’t any critical point, where a failure might produce service interruption, which makes it fault tolerant and highly available.
- Extensibility: Functionality can be extended by using add-on modules, to customize server behavior.
- Flexibility: The server is oriented to satisfy the widest set of needs of different types of games and applications.
- Bandwidth optimization: all the traffic of data is carefully designed to minimize bandwidth required to work.
- Always stay in control with administrative tools and real-time usage statistics.
- Unlimited scalability: there is no upper limit in the amount of users the server can handle, because the platform might scale unlimited adding more servers (or improving the existing ones).
- High performance: uses specific technologies to work in highly concurrent environments, making optimal use of all available hardware resources, maximizing multi-cpu and multi-core hardware.
- Uses multiplatform technology to be used in the widest variety of productive environments.
- Works seamlessly with most routers.